Saturday, November 29, 2008

OUCH!

My gym workout on Friday morning proved to be a killer; I tweaked a glut muscle on my last machine before my cardio workout. By the time the afternoon came, I was unable to stand up straight, move from sitting to standing.....absolute misery. I sat with an ice pack on my butt most of the afternoon and night; my husband called and got an appointment for a massage today that helped some....the therapist also gave me instructions for some different stretches to do for the next couple days, plus some "icy hot" rub to put on.......I've never had such pain; including 3 natural child births. My husband had to help dress and undress me too.......it was then he noticed how much my body was changing......he was impressed!! WOW! So sad I was in too much pain to enjoy the attention. I hope I don't miss too many workouts due to this injury; have to stay on track. I don't think I've gained any weight, my swelling is way down and I've kept to the diet over the holiday weekend, so I'm happy about that. Next Friday is another weigh in day, so I'll be looking forward to that; hope my back feels better! Take care, Rita

No comments: