Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Another night of red cheeks and sweat at the gym is done. I had to make myself go tonight; it was so chilly out and I didn't get home from work til almost 6; I really just wanted to relax with the family; but no one said that losing 70 pounds was going to be easy, so I went and like always, I feel so much better by going and getting a good work-out! My husband was going to go with me but we still have to wait for the clearance from his orthopaedic surgeon; (he had a total right hip replacement 3 weeks ago and his appt is on Thursday, so he really should wait til then and get the green light). I don't mind going "alone" to the gym; there are lots of other folks all there for the same reason, and you get to making new friends along the way.
I've been tempted to get on the scale at work, but I have come to love the excitement of getting the results from Debbie each Friday.....so far the 15 pounds are quite noticeable as far as my clothes fitting much looser....I was able to get on some scrubs that I haven't been able to wear for awhile....my neighbor's have asked what I'm doing...... Several of them saw our pictures in the paper...I missed that edition....I didn't see it. I've had so much support; it's been awesome. I'm still feeling wonderful, each week I'm seeing results and no dreaded plateau yet, thank goodness; but if and when it comes, I know the Fountain of Youth folks will get me thru it! Well, til Friday then! Rita

No comments: