Sunday, November 9, 2008

Still going!

Friday was weigh in day and another 1.3 pounds gone; I was hoping for 2 more, but like Debbie said, it needs to come off slow so it stays off! The exercise routine is coming along great; I'm increasing the weights nearly every week except shoulders....that one is always hard for me, but I do them religiously. I go 3 days a week and the face to face visits have been helpful. So, that makes a total of 16.3 pounds weight gone to date. That's over three 5# bags of sugar.....I picked one up at the store the other day to see how heavy that really was; sure puts things in perspective. No wonder I feel better. That's a lot of weight on joints and feet. I'm still very psyched about my diet and life changes....with the progress to date, it is entirely realistic to see me at my goal weight...at first it was daunting, but oh my goodness, I can do this.....but I could not do without the help from the 2 Debbies and the Dr's at the Fountain of Youth....I don't know how I could ever thank them enough. Guess I'll try to think of something by next September when the program ends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're proud of you Rita...keep up the good work! Miss ya!!

Anonymous said...

What the h%#*...not sure where the "amp" came from. I think I should have signed "ole Barber". I am so excited for you and Robert, honestly :-D