Friday, November 14, 2008

Woohooo!

Oh my goodness......more good news at the weigh in today; another 2+ pounds gone! Yay!! That makes a total of 18.6 pounds gone in the last 6 weeks; It's so easy to stick to this diet when you have those kinds of results in front of you and when you look in the mirror. Only 52 pounds to go; I'm so excited to soon begin shopping for cute clothes instead of just XL whatevers. Everyday someone now asks "are you losing weight?" And I emphatically answer that yes I am and thanks for noticing. I know how Jeremy feels about buying that new belt; I will soon have to get some new jeans to transition me thru the next 52 pounds....these are getting pretty baggy....not that I'm complaining! Debbie said we'll take pictures next week and I'll get that posted. All the sweat and hard work is paying off at the gym too; I've got muscles.....who knew?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rita - congrats on your progress. I'm pulling for you all. I'm considering joining the program myself, but I'm concerned about the "meals". I've tried doing SlimFast and Nutrisystem, etc. All helped temporarily, but as soon as I stopped (mostly because they tasted awful) my weight bounced right back up. Can you comment on your diet?

Anonymous said...

Ok..here is what it consists of; 2 protein shakes and 2 protein bars per day and one sensible dinner in the evening. I was nervous at first about just sticking to the bars and shakes during the day, but they honest to goodness really are satisfying and delicious. (Many flavors to pick from). Since this is a medical "rapid" weight loss program, you really do have to stick to it. The weight does come off fast. And exercise is also very important....at least 3 times a week. Some people will always have to watch the carb intake and I'm one of them. Altho on this program you are able to snack on fruit, cheese, nuts, etc during the day if you do get hungry, so it's not completely restricted; you are given a sample meal menu to help plan mealtimes. Because the results are immediate, I have to tell you, that's all the encouragement I need to stick to it and of course the Dr's will prescribe diet suppressants to help curb hunger, but this system really does work, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose, like I did. It's not as much as the other 3 folks, but a lot none the less. If you have just a little bit to lose, you may be able to eat more regular lower carb meals during the day, but I'm doing 4 protein subs a day and then dinner with my family. The other thing is, you HAVE to write down everything you put in your mouth and show Debbie each week when you weigh in; helps keep you honest and accountable. You are counseled by one of the Drs at the start and it's explained very carefully how carbs effect your insulin levels which effects how fat is stored, etc,so it all makes perfect sense. The other thing is, it's a lifetime change and committment, atention to portion control. This clinic is so helpful...I COULD not do it without them and I'm so blessed that I was chosen for the program. I don't know the exact prices of the supplements, but it's quite affordable if you consider what lunches and breakfasts are during the day. So, I hope this helps...I actually had a stomach bug the last couple days and I weighed myself today at work (yep I peeked) and I've lost another 5 pounds....THAT'S what keeps you motivated to sticking to it. I wish you the best and please call them; you won't be sorry! Take care, Rita