Friday, November 21, 2008

20 pound turkey

Success! Today is week 8 and after my weigh in today, I have officially hit the 20 pound mark....actually 21.6 pounds gone so far. To put this in perspective, some of us probably have 20 pound turkeys in the freezer...pick one up and that's what I've lost....Jeremy has lost "2 turkeys"! I don't know how Sharisse and Cindee are doing, but I'm sure they are doing great, too. After the stomach flu this last week, I thought my numbers would be skewed, but I regained the fluid I lost and still managed to lose 3 pounds. With the holiday coming up, I already have a meal planned that I will totally enjoy, as will my family. I plan on having mashed potatoes along with everyone else, just a much smaller portion; as I will need to do for the rest of my life. It's a lifetime change.....not just for this year. I'll be darned if I go thru this program for a year and then gain it all back. This is the most amazing gift and I have to say that it will probably be the one thing I'll be most thankful for....when counting my blessings this Thanksgiving day....besides having a home, a job, good health; and SMALLER JEANS!! WOOOHOOO!

No comments: