Friday, January 30, 2009

What a great year so far

I really can't believe my blessings this year......besides having 4 beautiful grandkids, a loving husband, a job, a home........I've now managed to lose a whopping 32.4 pounds! And all because of the Fountain of Youth giving me this golden opportunity to get this weight off. 2.4 pounds this week....holey moley. I did exercise, watched the calories and carbs during meal time, and drank plenty of water. What a concept! LOL......

For Superbowl Sunday with friends, I plan on making a white chili with chicken and low fat chicken broth, lots of white beans (high in fiber). There will be other goodies at their house, but discipline and common sense goes a long ways in making good choices...I recognize what my weaknesses are and I just avoid it altogether. I read labels on everything; knowledge is power. After 4 months on this program, 32.4 pounds lighter.....I'm changing in more ways than one. And my family doesn't complain at all about meals....lean meat, fish, veggies, salads, whole wheat bread...not even 6 year old Kyler......he seems to love the changes in his Gramma. Last September, when I told him I was going be on a diet and was going to lose weight and be smaller, he cried!! He said with the biggest tears in his eyes "but Gramma, I don't want you to change, I love you like you are now" How sweet is that??!! He's looking forward to lots of bike riding this year and said that he and his Poppa won't have to keep stopping to wait for me to catch up to them. I get teary-eyed thinking about that. We're going to have lots of fun this year!

No comments: