Friday, January 16, 2009

A good week

Went down another 1.6 pounds and 2 "points" of fat since last week....not sure if that's calculated in pounds....I'll just call it points for now.....that impressed me. Have to admit I was hoping for 2 pounds, but in truth, the slower it comes off now, the easier it will be to keep it off. Debbie said think of it as a pound of butter shed off. So, that's good!

I've gone to Crossroads EVERY day this week; doing circuit weights with 35-40 minutes of arc trainer three times a week and every other visit is just 40-50 minutes on the arc trainer. That machine is quite a work out. I think I'll have to start changing up the routine and use different machines here soon; muscles get used to a work out and I think even by increasing weights each time, soon the workouts aren't as effective. Hmmmmm, I'll have to talk to someone about that.

At any rate, my once fat-overloaded body is still changing and getting smaller; my medium from xl scrubs are now fitting loose....smaller jeans, shirts...my shoes are even fitting looser it seems. Happy day! I'm losing the fat stores from my torso...that's the bad fat....you don't want fat stored around your vital organs....you want as much of that gone as possible.

I asked Debbie what I could do to make this weight come off faster; I just have to keep up the 4 protein "meals" and one low carb meal....keep up the exercise.....and be patient. Any faster weight loss won't be healthy and won't stay off. Guess I'm just getting a little impatient!

Well, hope this next week sees "points" come down in the fat column again. We're getting there slowly but surely!

2 comments:

Cindee said...

Congratulations Rita! You are doing AWESOME! You inspire me!

Rita said...

Hi Cindee....the irony is that's what I told Debbie on Friday about you. It's like a kindred experience that the four of us are doing...to read and understand your struggles....like peering into a mirror. This all shall pass and we'll all be the wiser for it. Keep up the good work and maybe we'll see each other at the gym sometime...Lord knows we spend enough time up there! Your new, soon not to be "fluffy" friend, Rita ps...I just hit the "official" 30 pound mark on Debbie's scale...(I did mine at work a few days ago....)