Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's already a great new year

Please don't anyone think I'm being boastful or anything like that.....BUT.......I was able to put on and WEAR a pair of jeans....Silvertabs......size 11. They've been in my closet for past 12 years and hardly worn. I literally had tears running down my cheeks....even tho my weight loss is slowing per se, I'm obviously still losing fat because 2 weeks ago, I tried them on and while they were on, they were too tight. I was able to wear them comfortably on New years day.....I had gone to Wendover with some friends for her birthday and you'd have thought I hit a jackpot I was smiling so much...(even tho I lost some money, darn it.) That right there is motivation to keep up the diet. It's "easy" now; I love the bars for the morning and afternoon snacks and the shake for breakfast and lunch. It helps maybe that I rarely get a lunch break working in a physician's office, so getting a minute to drink down a shake is all I have time for and it's great. Weekends are at home, and if I'm hungry, there are cheese sticks or peanuts, apple or those yummy salted soy nuts.....I need to purchase some of those! Well, I just had to share my jeans story for anyone even thinking about a diet....you have to call the FOY and consult with them. It WILL change your life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Rita...I thought I had better take a minute and look at your blog. You looked so great when I saw you in the office over the holidays. Keep up the good work. I really am proud of you! xoxo Barber (Tell Carrie hi for me)

Rita said...

Thank you Barber!! I hope to be at my goal by summer....to lose 70 pounds; and I will tell Carrie hi when I see her tomorrow....hope your holidays were great....Bret, Pat and I went to Wendover on NYD; I lost, but Bret won about $900...lucky dog! Tell Parker hey....love you both, Rita