Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The worst is over

The holidays are over and I survived; I even went "off" the diet for almost 3 days by not taking my protein supplements for 3 days, just ate healthy meals and snacks, and I managed to still lose a half pound over Christmas;( since last week); that's a win in my book! I was so excited that I'm sure that anyone listening today would have thought I'd lost 10 pounds instead of just a half pound....I believe I'm still sitting at about 28 pounds gone...had a little bit of fluid retention at the weigh in before last, but I'd still lost more fat.
I'm still going to the gym 3 times a week; I sure feel better and have more energy, can see muscle where there was just fat before...it's so remarkable....even my arms.....maybe I won't flap in the wind this next summer...hey.....I'll be able to wear sleeveless blouses and not be so self conscious about it. I feel so incredibly lucky to have been chosen for this gift....I have been given a second chance at life and I promise to take care of my body this time around.
I did buy those size 12 jeans after all.....from a 16 down to a size 12.....in 12 weeks. OMG!

No comments: