Friday, December 19, 2008

There really is a Santa Claus!

There must be....has to be......to have given me this most wonderful gift. To have lost a couple ounces short of 28 pounds is the greatest gift I could have ever asked for. It's been 12 weeks....almost 2 jean sizes already. My husband said I need new jeans...these are so loose; I don't want to waste the money yet on that since I still have a ways to go, but maybe the next 5-10 pounds will warrant a new pair to get me thru til the end.....and a belt! My will power and discipline is getting me thru the holidays......not a single treat so far...I did lick a spoon once without even thinking about it.....was making pumpkin bread for the neighbors.
Christmas eve is our family get-together and I feel confident about it...we're having goodies, but also healthy goodies and if I have a treat, I'll make sure it's a small one and savor it. I haven't felt deprived, neglected.....the outcome will far out-weigh any "giving up" of cookies and carbs. Those will be long gone and I'll still have my health.....and my new shape!
I still thank my lucky stars for the Fountain of Youth gang, their help and support! I could not do this without them. Merry Christmas!

No comments: