Friday, December 12, 2008

Now that's what I'm talkin' about

Week 11 is history and another one pound gone this week. 24 pounds maybe doesn't sound like a lot to some folks, but it has made a huge difference in how I feel and look. Every single day now, someone comments on my weight loss.....my husband said with his weight loss too, that we wonder what in the heck people were thinking when we were at our heaviest?? Gosh! Did we look THAT BAD?
I do feel awesome.....the 4 protein "meals" a day is now second nature and they are still delicious and satisfying. I have dinner with my husband and 6 year old grandson each evening and no one complains...we have not missed the potatoes or lots of bread and definitely not the sugar. We have come a long way and I feel the "worst" is behind us...it is truely life-changing baby steps that we've made and the future looks bright. We're looking forward to bike riding this summer and they are happy that it won't be "oh, let's stop a minute and let Gramma catch up"....I will even be able to wear those cute bike shorts!!

No comments: