Saturday, September 5, 2009

Closer!!

I am amazed that this year of life-changing decisions and results is almost over. I'm 10 pounds from my goal. I think I might be a couple pounds short of the goal, but I can achieve that after the official end of the "contest". My life has changed so much......on many fronts......in how I view myself, my confidence, self esteem, my outlook......exercise is so vital now...not only in losing this weight, but also in keeping to maintain my new look; I have more energy to get thru the days....I watch a lot less tv.....I've gotten off my now almost-skinny butt and get to the gym or out for a walk.....not only for the physical fitness, but for my mental health! What a good way to let off some steam or take out some frustration, or think through a problem.....I've made more lists and followed thru on lists more now than ever before. I have more clarity, feel less cluttered in my life. And I owe it all to the former Fountain of Youth, (now Timeless Med spa), Dr. and Mrs. Williams, Kim, Dana, Debbie. If not for filling out that entry form last year and these wonderful, supportive folks, plus the support of my friends and family, I'd still be sitting at nearly 200 pounds.
By the way, I lost 2.6 pounds this week.....yay! I've renewed my gym membership after the free year from the FOY, so I intend on making this a permanent part of my life.
I was sad to hear that Cindee, Sharisse and Jeremy have dropped out. This by any means hasn't been easy, but if you want something bad enough, you just have to work to make it happen. You gotta sweat and resist temptations and keep focusing on that elusive carrot and let go of bad habits and make new ones. Maybe their time is yet to come.
I will try to post weekly until the end and then get new pictures....I said that a few weeks ago, but crap happens and well, I look even better now, so I guess there was a reason! Take care, all!

No comments: