Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Plateau again

As if losing our beloved Tahoe wasn't enough, now I can't seem to lose these last few pounds. Good grief. I have not lost a single pound since the week of June 10th, and then it was muscle loss from not eating anything at all for a few days. The flip side is, I haven't gained either. But we are nearing the wire and I HAVE to get this last almost 20 pounds off. How does one lose fat, gain muscle and the weight number doesn't change? Guess they cancel each other out. I did lose 2 "pounds" of fat last week, gained muscle, but no weight loss. Dang it.
I have gone down another size, thank goodness. My last purchase was a couple pair of size 6 capri's. I can't believe it.....a size 6. I started at size 16.....now a 6. I wear shorts now when I ride my bike and when I go to the gym. I don't feel so conspicuous when I wear sleeveless tops; gosh, how my life and outlook has changed. Exercise is going to be a way of life now, as is my change in diet. My husband looks awesome; he's even going to ride again in the Snowbird Hill climb and race in August. 51 years old and riding his bike again like he did in his 30's. I'm so proud of him! With his "turbo hip" and 60 pound weight loss, he's in awesome shape.
Well, our hearts are slowly healing and with that, perhaps the weight will start to fall off again. I have to do this now for her, make her proud of me....I can see those big brown eyes of hers...she always aimed to please us, so now it's my turn. These last 20 pounds are for you, baby girl!

No comments: