Saturday, July 18, 2009

PANIC

Now I'm really getting anxious about meeting my goal; I lost only one half pound the last 2-3 weeks. Kim and I decided it has to be the food I'm eating....haven't eaten much more than salads the last several weeks.....perhaps not eating enough calories and this body is in a holding pattern. I started walking more, still going to the gym, but walking 6-10 miles a week. So, I am supposed to change the food I have for dinner and keep the same exercise routine. So, luckily no more salads for awhile and see what happens this next week.
We have about 10 weeks left for the "official" program, although I plan on continuing until I get to my goal weight!! By gosh, I am going to lose this or else. I'm at the 50 pound mark and still have about 15-20 to go. Don't get me wrong....I am so incredibly grateful and happy to have lost this much.....I don't even look like the same person....got a little different haircut, new glasses, and an unimaginable (10 months ago) size 6. I actually have fun shopping for new clothes; no more extra large anythings.....my scrubs are now all smalls.....no more large or XL.......bad thing is, I'm still short......still have to hem or shop in the petites for lengths.
My daughter in law Molly and I are going to the Kenny Chesney concert on July 23; I'll have to get my husband to take a picture beforehand and I'll post it.....such a difference, even from May. I hope the change in diet helps, it would sure be awesome to show some 1-2 pound losses again like I did in the first few months. I'd love to hit that 70 pound mark!

2 comments:

Dick Klade said...

Hi, Rita--Wow, you're doing great. Keep up the good work. All is well with us

Dick and Sandy Klade

Rita said...

Thank you, my friends! Wish you were here to share this with me; I feel oh so much better; so many folks have asked how I'm doing it; I've had some great support from the Timeless medical spa (formerly Fountain of Youth) and just overall better food choices and I stopped over-eating, started exercising more....who knew? Take care...miss you both! Love, Rita