Saturday, May 23, 2009

25%

Well, I had a pretty good week; I lost 2.5 more pounds for a total of 47 pounds, which is about a 25% weight loss.....can you believe that nonsense. For more good news, my husband finally hit his 60 pound weight loss goal! He really should have kept a blog or journal of some sort. His started a year and half ago, when he was anticipating his right total hip replacement. At age 48 his hip was already totally degenerated and was told he needed a new hip joint, was told to try to wait it out and it just was so painful, we sought the opinion of another orthopedic surgeon when he was 50 and was told "why wait?" So, it was done Oct 2008 and on the day of surgery, he'd lost exactly 30 pounds. Since my weight loss program started Oct 1, I've lost 47 pounds and he's lost another 30, just by changing how we eat, the right kinds of carbs and smaller portions, and exercise. He's always been faithful with exercise with his bike riding.....I had always found it necessary to see if I could keep the couch from floating heaven-ward.......good grief. In 2007 I joined a gym and went quite a bit, but didn't change my diet at all.....what a combo this has been. It really does work. I've got about 23 pounds to go.....hopefully it's all downhill from here!

No comments: