Friday, May 15, 2009

Chipping away at it!

Not as exciting as last week, but I lost another half pound this week. So, that's ALMOST 45 pounds. Oh my goodness. With warmer weather here, I hope, finally, we'll get out and ride our bikes more and I'm even going to ride my bike to the gym. How's that?! I've got a new-found energy and life is just plain old more exciting when you feel good about yourself....even with only a half pound wt loss this week, I feel fantastic. Although I was always happy with my life, I think what I missed out on, being overweight these last 15 years or so. Passing on Lagoon day with work because it was hot and I couldn't bear the thought of wearing shorts or capri's because I was embarrassed. I wouldn't go to my husband's work BBQ's because I thought he would be embarrassed. I always came up with some excuse. You can only hide so much in jeans and baggy shirts/sweatshirts. Oh my....that was a revelation. Never again will I pass on fun times with my family, friends, or grandkids because of my weight. Never. I'm going to be 53 in June......my bucket list is growing and because of this wonderful gift, I think I'll be able to do every single one!

No comments: