Saturday, August 28, 2010

A year already??

Good grief. Almost a year gone by and what changes with it. I made some mistakes this past year and now I wish I had kept reading my own blogs for the moral support. But, I just have to fix what I broke and realize that I'm a mere human mortal; not bullet proof like I thought.

1. I stopped weighing myself. Wrong!
2. I didn't eat; would go all day without eating anything because work was so busy and then have dinner at night. Wrong!
3. I exercised, but not nearly as much as I had been during the previous year. Wrong!
4. I went to Hawaii for 10 days...we ate very healthy and shared meals, but drank a lot of alcoholic sweet beverages.....well, maybe not so wrong because we walked everywhere. Only partially wrong!
5. Did I say that I didn't weigh myself? Wrong!!

Before I knew it, I had gained back about 20 pounds. I was sick, angry, depressed. I knew better. So, now I am back to keeping a food journal, exercising regularly, weighing once a week, limiting carbs, and cutting way back on portions. I take lunch to work and even if I have only 4 minutes to eat, I make sure I do. I have lost 10 of the pounds since June, and am working on the remainder. I hope to be back where I was by November 1. I'm taking it slow and am not as hard on myself as I was this winter for having a relapse; things happen. But I certainly am more mindful about what I eat for regular food; the bars and shakes sure made it easy to lose the weight....maybe too easy. I will forever be grateful to Timeless; they change people's lives and give them hope. I had it and lost it being careless. But I remembered the tools and with dedication and perseverence, I can do this.

I hope there are still some folks that will come back and check this blog...I was ashamed that I had failed; and then most recently realized that I am not the only person to have failed at something; it's not a failure unless you didn't learn from the mistakes, right??

1 comment:

Grant-Grey Guda said...

You have an amazing blog, it is really very awesome, if you’re interested here is the link to my blog of poetry, it would be awesome if you could check it out and follow if you like.

http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

Hoping you have a wonderful week filled with inspiration and laughter,
Grant-Grey